We Grow as Giants
The Escola Americana de Campinas (EAC) serves all children in order to participate and experience success in educational programs on offer. EAC Student Support and Success Services consist of the following:
- A comprehensive school guidance program that includes counseling, personal and social education, and career/university advising.
- A Learning Support Program that includes services to support students with learning differences.
- An English Language Learning Program that includes instruction and support to help students develop their basic interpersonal communication skills and academic English and Portuguese language skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening).
- School nurses that provide health services including the assessment and monitoring of student health.
Our Student Support Team is composed of the Upper School Principal and Assistant Principal, the Middle School and High School counselors and three Special Education specialists: Ms. Gabriela Denucci and Ms. Helena Castilho.
Types of services and interventions provided by EAC include the following:
- Monitored performance
- Early Intervention (Focus on Learning Plan (FOLP), referral to outside specialists)
- Academic support in the classroom (push-in, team or co-teaching)
- Small group and/or individual instruction in or outside of the classroom (push-in or pull-out)
- Academic Support Class (MS/HS)
- Accommodations (specific teaching strategies)
- Modifications (adjustments to the curriculum)
- Assistive technology